Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number Pad Doesn't Work on Citrix ICA Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

rthrashe

Technical User
Nov 12, 2001
CA
This problem happens sparodically. Connect to Outlook 2000 and other applications thru ICA Client Ver. 6.30.1050 to Metaframe 1.8 running on a NT 4.0 platform. Sometimes after connecting to for example Outlook your Number Keypad does not work. Also it may be working when the session is first started, but will stop working during the same session. This can happen on any application that we connect to thru the Metaframe. Client PCs are Windows 95B or Windows 98 SE.
This is quite a problem for users that have to enter a lot of numbers while using an application.
Any help is much appreciated.

Don't know if this will help but we had a similar problem. When our users logged into their Lotus Notes Mail accounts using Upper case passwords, they lost the number pad. By changing the password to lower case fixed our problem. Like I said, don't know if this will fix your problem.

Good luck

I have read that this has happened alot with Compaq PC mainly Deskpro's > I actually witness this for my self with a deskpro and no other PC or thin client. Maybe this is some help for you.

Good luck,
Steve

I've seen one case where this problem was fixed by going into ICA settings on the client and changing the keyboard setting from default to US. Worth a try, maybe.

We had this problem and found that by making sure the number lock is turned OFF before logging into Citrix users didn't get the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back