Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number of Working Days between Two Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

Programmer
Apr 18, 2001
GB
Hello - I'm trying to create some Objects to display the number of working days between the current date and a date stored on our Oracle database. Calculating the number of days between the two dates seems pretty straightforward, but I'm having trouble constructing an Object that takes Saturdays, Sundays & Bank Holidays into account. Has anyone got any ideas how I can do this?

Hi.

This problem is only solved with a difficulty without a "date-table". (helpful in many situations)

1) Create a table with these columns (arbitrary-sample data included - fill out for the next 5 years or so...)

date | dayofweek | Holiday | Weekend
29.12.2000 | thu | N | N
30.12.2000 | fri | N | N
31.12.2000 | sat | N | Y
01.01.2001 | sun | Y | Y
02.01.2001 | mon | N | N

2) Join to this table on the "date" column in the designer. Should look a bit like this:

date_table.date between tab1.date and current date

3) Create a measure object in the universe that counts the number of rows in the date_table with holiday ='N' and Weekend='N'

I hope this is clear enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back