Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number of Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

aacinit

MIS
May 16, 2003
US
I am new to this.

We run a DEFINITY G3 with Intuity Audix.

How do you set the number of rings an extension will ring before it goes to coverage?

Thanks

The number of rings before going to cover point 1 are defined in the coverage path(s) that contain your Audix hunt group.

you should take a look at what coverage path is built for the station, then do a change cov path and whatever the number is . the number of rings should appear on the first page on the far right side..

Archie

Just a FYI---if the COV Path is used system wide--you may be changing the number of rings for ALL stations -- and not just the one needed....so if you write a new COV to adjust teh number of rings----make sure you change the COV number to new one.

Regards
Chiefred

And that only sets the number of rings at the principle station, the number of rings at each point in coverage is set on a system wide basis for older systems, and elsewhere on the coverage form for other newer systems.

Da-vi'do
P.S. For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Please answer all questions so that I may have the info to assist you. Leaving a post on how you fixed the problem will also be appreciated.

attn: Mike Jones

No, I still could not get it to work.
I dont want the ringing pattern to change for everybody.

Some people want their phones to ring 3 times and then go to voice mail. Then there are some people they want their extensions to ring 5 to 7 times then go to voice mail.
Is this possible?

--Altaan

You have to create multiple different coverage paths, each with a different number of rings before the calls coverage to point 1.

A good way to set up your cover paths is to make the cover path number equal to the number of rings before going to Audix. Cover path 3 would be set to ring 3 times before going to Audix and cover path 4 would be 4 rings, etc. This helps when adding new extensions or making changes when the user wants more or less rings before cover. You do not have to look up the cover path. You can just change to the cover path with the number of rings desired.

A useful command that has to do with cover paths is:

DISPLAY COVERAGE SENDER-GROUP x

Replace the X with a cover path number and the system will list all the stations that use that cover path. You can see who is going to be affected to a change to that particular cover path.

Be aware that if the total number of rings is more than the timeout for the total system, then the call with go to the attdt console.

altaanc in the switch do a list coverage path. This will list all your coverage paths, Usually the paths will start with h1. This is the path that is needed to go to Audix. Most systems that I have seen will list path 1 -h1. path 2 h1. This would be 1 ring to h1 or Audix. path 2 2 rings to Audix and so on. If you want to find out for sure do a display coverage path ?. It shows the number of rings and where it go to cover. You can change the number of rings without changing it for the entire system by changing the number of rings before it goes to the first point of cover. After that, unless you have a later version of software you cannot. Post if you need anymore help with this.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Thanks everybody for their help.
I think I get an idea now how to
go about this now.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back