Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number of mounts of a media

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnaotco

Technical User
Nov 10, 2004
GB
Hi,
It must be easy but I don't find where I can find the number of mounts of a media.
I would also like to know if someone who is using DLTtapeIV from Quantum could tell me if there is a maximum number of mounts for this kind of tape before having a lot of media write or read errors.
Thank you in advance.
Bye.
Ben

I forgot to tell you the version: we are using Netbackup 4.5MP6 on a Solaris system. And I can see this number in the Netbackup Administration Console on Windows but I need it on command line to create an automatic alarm when the number of mounts is more than a threshold to define.
Thanx.
Ben

Pertaining to your number of mounts question. There are a few different commands you can run. I use /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -m (mediaid)

I also read a recent posting with VMQUERY in the subject line and I believe they mentioned the bpimmedia command which will give you some info not seen in the vmquery command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back