Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

number identification at phone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigmo36

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
US
I have a CS1000M with only 2008's and 2616D's. How can I determine the number assigned to sets from the sets, in other words, from the actual digital phone? There's gotta be a way! Thanks for reading!

Zigmo36

Identify a user with a display phone and obtain their extension number. Walk around and call that user from the sets you need to identify and have that user tell you the number.

Yeah, telebub, that's how I do it now. I often find nobody is at their display phone when I'm trying to identify a number (or they're not answering ;+)), so that's why I'm trying to find a different way to do it. Thanks for your advice.

zigmo36

There is a device out there that you program like a 2616 set but I cannot remember what it is called. You dial the extension assigned to the box and it tells you what number you are calling from; when you hang up, it dials you back to confirm connection. Maybe someone else knows what this device is called.

I know in the SL100 world it is ANA, Automatic Number Announcement. We always had one in our switch;

In using Google some, if they are DID's:

"One such toll-free service is one owned by MCI - 1-800-444-4444. This number is easy to remember and, when called, will read back your number after a very short message.[2] It is noteworthy that a suspended or out of service line or an incoming only line would not be able to reach any toll-free numbers.

Here is the old thread on the device that tells you your number thread798-1502017

It is a long thread

Find more at GHTROUT.com

Customer just sent this from her box...

Digital Technologies Inc
P/N 500-5048-003
Rev J

Phone # 972-727-1200

Yes - that is them. Sadly, they have been out of business for over 10 years. Lots of details on the old thread.

Find more at GHTROUT.com

What I do, as I have loads of analogue phones and a switchboard that isn't the quickest to answer (!), is leave myself a voicemail and then play it back since it gives you the extension number that left the message. IWon't work if you haven't got CallPilot though :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back