Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number formating

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbpowers

MIS
Sep 10, 2008
US
I set up a number field as one of my parameters and appended all database values. However, I can not figure out how to change the format. The current format is 4,611 and I want it to display as 4611 in the parameter list. How do I make this change? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I think the values list takes on the formatting that you have generally set in options. One way of handling this is to use a command as your datasource for the parameter picklist where you select the value and then also a text version of the value. Use the value for the value field, and the text version for the description field, and then append all values. Set the parameter to only display the description field in the dropdown.

-LB

Create a formula:

//{@Display}
totext({table.value},0,'')

Append values from this to the parameter (As string type)

Then in your selection criteria use val({?Parameter}) instead of {?Parameter} to compare to another numeric field for selection.

'J

CR8.5 / CRXI - Discovering the impossible

Actually I'm wrong, that doesn't change it. Maybe it's a windows setting, not sure.

I think you should use my suggestion instead, but another (inefficient) option would be to set up the parameter as a string, and then in your record selection formula convert it to a number.

{table.number} = tonumber({?parm})

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back