Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number Blocking 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikerroy

Programmer
Jul 4, 2009
US
I need to know how to restrict a local number from being dialed on a F9600 R-12. Any help would be great.
Mikerroy

You can't restrict individual numbers from being blocked. But you can restrict individual extensions from accessing outgoing trunks through RSM/FRL/COS assignments. If you really know your stuff, you can also go into the ARSC and ARSR tables to enable/disable dialing to particualr area/office codes. But don't do this unless you are very familiar with the techniques as this affects your outsidee dialing acces system-wide. You can quickly make a mess of your outgoing dialing access. Should you decide to modify the ARS Tables, be sure to document them as they are before you make any changes, so that if a mistake is made, you can reprogram the tables to their original parameters.

Seeeeeya; G.W.North

G.W.North,

Thanks for the information. That was along the lines I was thinking.

I did end up deleting the office code in the ARSR tables. I have since restored the ARSR tables to allow calls once again to this office code.

The problem we had was, we cut over to a new software platform that weekend. Employees in our hospital were dialing a Nashville number (9-615-123-4xxx) without dialing a 1 first.

These calls were being place at all times of the day/night. So, you know what kind nightmare this caused for the poor guy at the local number 505-615-1234.

Thanks Again
for your Help!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back