Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Null returning 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

spcc07

Technical User
Aug 1, 2007
US
I am using Crystal XI. Oracle database.

I am using a formula that LBASS posted in what is now a closed thread, it returns 0 instead of Null. How would I get it to return NULL?

Copied From Previous Post:
Open and save a new formula {@null} without entering anything. Then change your formula to:

WhilePrintingRecords ;
NumberVar x5 ;

If {@ppbv} <= {@x5} Then
x5 := x5 + 1 else
x5 := tonumber({@null});

You should RESPOND to the previous post, not start a new thread.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Closed Thread
This thread has been Closed. Feel free to start a new thread with your question. If you wish to reference this thread in your post, the system will automatically create a link to this thread if you use the term thread767-1465862 in your post.

I just tested this again, and it does return null. You will have to post the formula you actually used.

-LB

It does work as long as you go into File - Report Options and Check Convert Database Null values to default and leave Convert other null values to default blank.

Thank you for your help!

SP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back