Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTSF Disk Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsnel

Technical User
Jul 21, 2002
US
Hi, I posted this question earlier.. but to the wrong forum.
I am trying to install Active Directory, but not sure what type of NTSF partition is necessary. Does it matter if I create a logical partition or primary partition? When I installed WIN2K I did not create any NTSF partitions. Currently, I am planning to use VolumnManager to create an NTSF partition but unsure of what the consequences would be, being I did not create any partitions when first installed win2k. Current drive configurations is 100% FAT Please advise.

I would change every partition to NTFS. It does not matter to the OS (or to Active Dir for that matter) if it's extended or logical.

You can convert the file system to NTFS by using the convert command from the command prompt. You will have to reboot to convert the sys drive. If you type convert /? you will get the exact command to you.

NTFS is much more robust and efficient than Fat32.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back