Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTP Netware/NT Mixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSWNET

MIS
Aug 29, 2002
US
We have a mixed environment with about 40 NT servers and 2 Netware servers. We would like to start using Network Time Protocol, using a government site for pulling in the time onto a Netware server, and then have our NT (W2K)servers pull from the Novell server.

I have been looking through Novell documentation, and it pretty much all points to having Novell servers pulling time from a single Novell server on the Network.

Anyone else in a mixed environment like this?

FYI - Netware 6, SP3
NT 4.0, sp6 and Windows 2000 mixed environment.

Hi.
Here is a TID on how to sync time among multiple platforms
NetWare can pull from a public NTP server.
The way I typically set this up is to point my SINGLE time server to the NTP server & all others to it.

To set up your NW server to pull from a NTP source, do the following:
load monitor-->Server Parameters-->Time
Make sure Timesync Configured Sources is on
Timesync Polling Interval -- set this to what you desire
Timesync Time Sources -- IPAddress/DNS Name & Port of NTP source. If more than one is used, seperate them with semi-colons

At the server console, unload timesync & then load timesync. The Timesync debug screen should come up & you should see confirmation that everything is working.

------------
Bill
Consultant / Network Engineer
CNE, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back