Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTP - CUCM Publisher is Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

msteeler

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
Hello,

I have a site where the CUCM Pub server is dead so they are on the Sub. The time on all their phones is way off. How can I correct the time on the phones? When I SSH to Sub the NTP is set to the Pub, which it wont let me remove or add another server from the Sub. Is there a work around to this until the Pub is back up? Thanks

Yes the subs are always using the pub as an NTP source, can't change that without root access to the sub.
Just go ahead and rebuild and restore the pub and your clocks will reset. Shouldn't take you more that 3-4hrs to restore the publisher and failover the phones to it.

Okay, thanks. So the ESXi server is up where the CM and Unity Pub were located but the VM's are gone. We'll their built, but they say unknown so that might as well be gone. There's no iso, nothing. So to rebuild it there a link that shows a step by step? I was thinking I could get the iso from the other ESXi server where the Sub is and start there? After that I'm not sure where to go. Also, should and anything be turned off on the Sub while the rebuild is taking place? Thanks for any help you can provide

You can get a VMWare template from Cisco. Also can get the ISO from Cisco but would need a valid contract to get the bootable ISO. And while you're at it, might as well have them assist with the rebuild since its not just a install CM and go type of thing. So basically im suggesting opening a TAC case.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

Thanks, so the ISO for 8.6.X is there so that's good. Have a TAC case open now.

They have a backup, but from 2 months ago.[surprise]

You can make a new backup from the Sub.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search