Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTLM (Windows Authentication)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyKrow

Programmer
Aug 27, 2001
US
We have a need to authenticate a user in a servlet using NTLM security then forward the user on to the secure site running on IIS to bypassing the IIS log in. Using the java.net.Authenticator class, I can get the below to load the requested page, but since no authentication data is stored to the session, any subsequent requests to the site will require you to log in again. I'm guessing I need to set the authentication header in the response but not sure how to do that.

Authenticator.setDefault(new MyAuthenticator());

URL url = new URL(" InputStream ins = url.openConnection().getInputStream();
BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(ins));
String str;
PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
while((str = reader.readLine()) != null) {
out.println(str);
}

out.flush();
out.close();

The problem with any of these implementations including this one is none of them seem to set the authentication credentials in the response/session. So they all work to load a single page but subsequent calls from that page do not work.

Basically I'm authenticating an IIS application from a WebSphere server on different domains and I simply want to authenticate and foward the request to the IIS server bypassing the log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back