Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTLDR is missing from 2kserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

as896

Technical User
Mar 30, 2006
GB
After completed updates for 2kserver which we run DC, tried to restarted the system, then it says DTLDR file is missing. It is a boot file I think, so how do I restored that file.

I manage to restart the system and it is now running.

But I am scared if I restart again this may happen.

what is sollution to this except microsoft knowlegde base site which I already visited

Honestly, if you have a floppy disk in the drive that error message will pop up when you boot it up.

Otherwise, just copy the file from another server or computer to that one. If you look for it and it's there you're fine.

Do you mean NTLDR? That's the windows loader from the boot sector. If you're scared that it might happen again, you would be right to do so but within reason. Normally you might see this happen if a SCSI or controller has failed to initialise itself or the drive.

This can however also mean that the drive is on the way out, you can check for potential problems using disk diagnostic programs but make sure you have an up to date backup before you do.

Carlsberg don't run I.T departments, but if they did they'd probably be more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back