Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ntkern.vxd device loader(s)could not load the device driver. Code 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnykid

Technical User
Sep 27, 2001
US
I am having trouble getting my ATI all in wonder 128 TV to work. I have yellow question marks on my video capture/TV tuner/tv cross bar and
mvd wdm vdi codec. In the device manager when checking properties and getting the above message i read to correc this update the driver. I did this on every question marked loacation and restarted my computer. No good.QUestion marks are still there and the ntkern.vxd message still displayed. I extracted the ntkern.vxd file from my cab file location and over wrote the existing one. Still no luck. I am at a loss. My machine specification : 500Mhz Intel Celeron / 128 MB RAM /27GHD/SB PCI512 /ATI ALL In Wonder 128 TV. Thanks in advance for any help.

having the same problem when installing my network card for my laptop... anyone can help here...... tried removing the device and reinstalling again still same problem.....
updating drivers still same problem.... running out of ideas........

help needed....
thanks

Update! I reviewd the properties of the ntkern.vxd file and was at 109KB . The file listed in my CAB is 190KB. I extracted the CAB file to overwrite the 109KB file. I reviewd my bootlog file and the load looks llike this:

[0011DABD] Loading Vxd = C:\WINDOWS\system\VMM32\NTKERN.VXD
[0011DABE] Fú^_ÉÂC:\WINDOWS\system\VMM32\NTKERN.VXD

Thanks in advance for any help.

What OS are you running, there are different reasons for 95 and 98. It can be a problem of loading the file from a different version of the OS, and is often due to usb problems.

Some suggestions for the ntkern problem;

Run usbsupp.exe, it's on the win95 cd, but not win98

Run sfc to extract NTKERN.VXD from the Windows 98(SE) disc into c:\windows\system and c:\windows\system\vmm32, and reboot.

There is a whole bunch of different suggestions at
Hope some of this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back