Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTI-CDRW is not detected by APP 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelljack

Technical User
Dec 23, 2001
US
I have a new machine that has a NTI CD/RW internal. I can write to the disk by drag/drop method but I cannot change any settings in the software because the app does not detect any CD/RW drive.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software thinking I could change this but it didn't do any good. Has anyone had the same problem and if so,how did you fix it if you did?

I have tried getting answers from the CD maker but that was useless. Most of the questions asked are general. I even tried to send an email to them but got no where.

Any help will be appreciated. I am taking it in tomorrow for the computer guys where I bought it to finish putting in what I paid for. I really am having a time with all of this. I'd like to change the speed settings and am not able to do so.

depends what app your using some writing software may not be supported your writer. you also may need the latest aspi drivers. ypu can get these from adaptec you could also try golden hawk (cdrwin) i have forund cdrwin aspi to be the best.

Hi
Nelljack: Maybe you need to try to get another standard software, for example: Easy CD Creator or Nero Burning, because some cdrw drives doesn´t work with another software including the original provided by the brand.

In case that this advice doesn´t work, you´ll need to update your cdrw drive bios, check at the main page of your NTI drive to found it.

Best Regards.
Good luck.

Thanks tekkys. Votes to both of you. I will check out all you mentioned.

Hey nelljack,

Do you mean NTI CD maker 2000? And is it a Pacific Digital label? Could be that you need to visit Pacific Digital website or the makers website to download the newest upgrade to NTI CD Maker, or you need to upgrade the CDRW firmware, maybe both. btw pacific digital is a marketer, and you need to check the drive for the maker, could be samsung, yamaha, lite-on, etc.

I took care of the problem. I got Easy CD Maker and now all is well for that problem. Thanks all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back