Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nth Largest item based on Price but need to show Item #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy Leggett

Technical User
Nov 9, 2017
US
I need to show the ITEM.CODE that has the 2nd largest UNIT.PRICE. I have entered a summary field for the UNIT.PRICE with Nth Largest, N is 2 and it returns the UNIT.PRICE. Rather that show the price, I need it to show the ITEM.CODE.

I had tried a formula of …………… if {UnitPrice} = NthLargest (2, {UnitPrice}) then {ItemCode} else "" which makes sense to me logically, but it did not work.

Any suggestions?

This will work if you are trying to find the nthlargest for the entire report, but will still return all records, with only one of them showing the item code. If you are trying to find the nthlargest in some group, you need to add the group argument, as in:

if {UnitPrice} = NthLargest (2, {UnitPrice},{table.groupfield}) then {ItemCode}

If you ONLY want to see the 2nd largest item codes for each group, then go to report->selection formula->GROUP and enter:

{UnitPrice} = NthLargest (2, {UnitPrice},{table.groupfield})

Please note that you are posting in the wrong forum--you should be posting in Business Objects: Crystal Reports 1 Formulas.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back