Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTFS convert back to fat32

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryjade

Technical User
Nov 6, 2001
GB
I have 10gig hard drive.I partioned it into two drives and then put win 98 on a fat 32 drive C (6.5gig) … then I put win2000 server family on NTFS drive D (3.5gig)… BAD IDEA... now I cant delete partitions in fdisk can anyone tell me how to revert back to fat 32 from NTFS as this is causing a problem its running very slow
Help please terry…………
System
Amibios version 1.23
Gigabyte ga-71xe4 system board
Amd athlon 1 ghz
128mb sdram
Genius sound maker 32x2
Creative riva tnt2 m64
Intel ham data fax voice 56k

hi terry,

sorry. the only way to get this partition back from ntfs to fat 32 is to format it.
convert is only for the way from fat32 to ntfs :(

You should be able to convert the partition using a program like PartitionMagic. You can probably download a demo version of the program at zdnet.com

Partition Magic 6 will allow you to do it. The demo does not have this feature, you will need to purchase the whole program. It is about $20-$30. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back