Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nteworked Avaya and Cisco Call Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilton

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2003
EU
Has anyone newtorked an Definity Si rlse 10 with a Cisco Call Manager? How well does the integration work for linked numbering, ring back when free, caller display etc but also on some major features such as centralised operator?

I have never done this although i would imagine it would work some what 'seamlessly' if you can do it with Q-sig. Other wise u can only do a UDP with very little integration

Did some tests,
got it to ring the other end phones back and forth,
but was never able to actually get the voice working through the NAT setup..
Numbering is transparent as they just pass on the numbering they are offered as long as it fits the configured range.
If anyone ever done it, fully IP/H323; very much interested in the config..

Rob

I've done it many of times, is there anything in particular that you're looking for? As for terms of features, CCM 3.3 (came out last month) is supposed to support Q.SIG now. I haven't gotten ahold of a copy of that yet, but its on order..

BuckWeet

Buckwheet - I am trying to do an installation of Call Manager 3.2 with a Definity G3 v6 PBX. I am not using Q.sig for the isdn signalling type is this a requirement.

Right now I config'd a trunk between the pbx and cisco 6608 T1(PRI) using a ds1 circuit pack. I setup the switch type as 5ess and the I can dial from the ip phones to the pbx extensions using a cisco call manager.

However I can't figure out how to configure the dial pattern on the pbx to dial back to the trunk and ring phones on the call manager signs. Can the pbx and call-manager share the dcs udp ars dialing. This is a major requirement I don't want to have to config a feature code or dial access code to call phones on the ip telephony side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have limited experiencing configuring the definity pbx, so i really need some support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back