Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTDK95 cables CS1000 dropped calls 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tman45

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2007
US
Hello all. Just a helpful tip that we ran across recently while installing a new CS1000. The NTDK95 cables CE MUX and DX-30 (which run from the MG to expander and carry voice/data) are UNI-DIRECTIONAL. They have a little label on each cable that says if that end should attach to the expansion cabinet. We only had 3 right out of 8 and the Nortel notice just came out the end of last year or first part of 2008.
Please check your connections all! This can cause dropped calls and error messages on your switch. I am still trying to find out from Nortel what happens if you do install them backwards ... I will post that if I ever find out ;)

BULLETIN ID: 2008008579, Rev 1
PUBLISHED: 2008-01-23
REGION: APAC
CALA
EMEA
GC
NA
PRIORITY: Information
TYPE: Alert
Background:
If the NTDK95 CE Mux cables, which are used between the Media Gateway and Media Expansion Cabinets, are installed
backwards, problems such as low audio, garbled transmission from IP to TDM phones, dropped calls and invalid card
responses can occur.
Analysis:
The NTDK95 cable is directional and must be installed correctly. The cable has a sticker indicating which end must be
attached to the expansion cabinet for proper instaltion.
Recommendations:
The NTDK95 CR MUX cable must be installed properly per the label on the cable.
The label on the cable states "TO EXP CAB"
Required Actions:
Installers should check for proper installation of the cable
PRODUCT RELEASE
Enterprise VoIP-Core-CS 1000E 04.50W
Enterprise VoIP-Core-CS 1000E 05.00W

They have been labled as such for many years, when the Opt 11 mini's came out that was an issue! I never had them installed wrong, I got lucky and saw that label on my first mini install!

maybe something with the newer software that made them extreamly touchy. so in the past it may have not beena big issue. anyway thanks tman for the info.

Hello

Can you tell me why this problem exists.

Thanxxx

Hans
KPN Holland

Thank you GHTROUT [smile]

I did not read the message wel.

I had the problem at a customersite, and saw that on 2 locations the connection was wrong.

this afternoon I switch the cables and look or the problems are gone.When te change is succesfull I Reply again on this Post.

The answer is : The NTDK95 cable is directional and must be installed correctly. The cable has a sticker indicating which end must be attached to the expansion cabinet for proper installation.

Thank you all [smile][smile][smile]

Hans
KPN Holland

Hello all

it seems like the troubles are over now.
I changed the cabling in the right direction and the problems are gone.

thank you everyone[2thumbsup]

Hans
KPN Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back