Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ntbackup to 4mm DAT Tape - HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasserz

Technical User
May 25, 2002
US
I am using Windows 2003 Server "ntbackup" to perform daily back-ups to 4mm DAT. One of the issues I have is in the Tape Volume / Label. When the automatic back up fires-up, it stops to prompt me to erase data on tape, or other related prompts.

My goal is to use one tape per day (and rotate at the end of the week) to perform back-up on a one directory and its sub-directories without user interference.

I appreciate your help.

I am looking for how to use ntbackup in Windows 2003, because I have to mark the 4 mm DAT DD3 as free to make a copy with a Batch file, I have been reading information in Microsoft and I think that I am making good:

call ntbackup backup W:\DDS3DIR /J "DAT LOG" /p "4 mm DDS" /n "DDS3" /d "DAT COPY" /v:yes /r:no /l:f /M normal /rs:no /hc:eek:n

I think that I will have to use another one Software to make backup to my 4 mm DAT.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back