Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTBackup spanning multiple tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

meastaugh1

Technical User
Apr 21, 2002
Hi,

I've been doing Normal backups daily using the command line below. But the amount of data to be backed up now exceeds the tape capacity and spans over 2 tapes. To workaround this, I want to perform a weekly Normal backup then Differential backups on all other days. However, NTBackup doesn't seem to want to find the second tape after it's been inserted. The tape is prepared and I've even (test) backed up to it before. I can see the tape is in the Backup media pool. Ntbackup prompts to insert AIT1 media, once OK'd, it searches for media then says to check the Removal Storage MMC.

I would expect the UM switch to force ntbackup to find the tape...

c:\winnt\system32\ntbackup.exe backup systemstate c:\ d:\ f:\ g:\ /n "%computername%
Normal %date% %time%" /d "%computername% Normal %date% %time%" /j "%computername%
Normal %date%" /p "8mm AIT1" /v:no /r:no /l:s /m Normal /RS:no /HC:eek:n /UM

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back