Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTBACKUP runs at wrong time

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICH3

MIS
Jun 19, 2003
CA
I have a member server windows 2000 SP4
I setup NTbackup to run as a scheduled task approx 2 years ago. It has run flawlessly until rwecently. The job is scheduled to run at 2:30 am and then suddenly started running at 5:30 am. If I rebbot it runs at the correct time for a week or so then starts running between 5:30 and 6:30 all of a sudden. The reboot always fixes it for a week or so. The time date and time zone are correct. event viewer and the backup log show the job starting at 5:30 or whatever. Scheduled tasks shows the job starting at 2:30.
any ideas would be appreciated.

just curious... try looking via command line using the "at" command. See if anything looks odd in there.

~Intruder~
CEH, CISSP, MCSA/MCSE 2000/2003

"The Less You Do, The Less Can Go Wrong"

Running the at command I get
"there are no entries in the list"
upon further investigation I can see that at 2:30 the administrator account is authenticated in the security logs as expected. Nt backup does not start though for another three hours. As I said it works fine for a week and then starts doing this. Thanks for the response. Any Ideas?

curious... does the backup program redirect the archived data to a network drive? or does it stay local?

~Intruder~

I am backing up to a dds4 tape drive internal SCSI

hmm... stumped for the moment... let me do some looking.

~Intruder~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back