Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTBACKUP Memory error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcp

Technical User
May 15, 2001
ID
Hello,
I am able to take a backup on a tape using the ntbackup(NT4 SP 6a)
As i have enabled the verify after backup option it verifies and gives a completed message.Things are fine upto here.
When i try to restore the copy on the tape is generates the list of copies and i select a copy to be restored and while restoring it generates this error.

NTBACKUP.EXE-Application Error.
"The instruction at "0x01bae381" referenced memory at "0x00e23000".The memory location could not be "read"
Click OK to terminate the application
Click CANCEL to debug the application"

Even though the error says its an application error i tried the backup on a new tape but the error is the same.
What could be the reason?
Anticipating help
Regards,
Parasuram

The application error is associated with ntbackup.exe, referencing a specific location in memory, which causes the application to crash. It has nothing to do with the contents of the tape itself. Try re-installing the backup program (remove, then re-install). That should correct the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back