Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTAK75 received without anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaNetworkAdmin

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2011
CA
Hello everyone!
Yesterday I received a refurbish NTAK75 battery backup unit for a CS1000 (opt11 Wall cabinet) but Surprise: no cables to hook up the batteries to J1 to 4 connections Inside the box. I've done a lot of research to find the part-number of thoses cables without any success. Any of you know it by any chance. If not, is there any exploded view document that could include the information or some sort of maintenance document? Cause everywhere I've asked they gave me the part number for the cable in between the cabinet and the NTAK75 (NTAK0420E6)...

Thank you!

The documentation says they are to be supplied with the NTAK75

Page 202 of 408
Installing and connecting reserve power supplies
553-3021-210
Standard 7.00 January 2002
Figure 82
NTAK75 Battery Backup

Top View
Locate the four black/red jumper cables supplied with the
NTAK75.
Connect the battery packs by installing the jumper cables
between the +/- terminals of one battery pack to the connectors
marked

J1 - J4.

I still can't find any Part numbers for thoses jumper cables... What can I do if they were not in the box? I've called the supplier and he don't have thoses cables with the NTAK75... I'm ordering another NTAK75 from another supplier today, I'll see what will be include in the box this time...

There is no part # on the cable. If you didn't get them you got an incomplete unit.

I'll post the results of my discovery when I'll receive the ''new'' NTAK75. Thanks for your precious support! Apreciate it!

Tek-tips users Win!

Another option is to do away with the NTAK75 and replace with a UPS. Easier to find, maintain and replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back