Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT8D14BB XUT Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmg

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2007
US
I have a release 7 NT8D14BB Universal Analog Trunk card that works great, but the upper retainer clip has broken off. Since these are fairly inexpensive a la eBay, I decided to buy a replacement card (yeah, just because of the clip).

I found a release 13 card for $15 shipped and bought it. The card arrived. It should be as simple as LD 32 DISL DISC X (X being the slot in question), swap the release 7 card for the release 13 card, then LD 32 ENLC X. Right? Or am I missing something here?

When I disable the card, swap it for the newer release card, and then enable the card, STAT looks good, the phones "act" happy, but there is no trunk audio. I can dial the ACOD for a given trunk and the phone's counter starts and I hear DTMF on my end since I have end-to-end signalling, however, when listening in on a trunk I do not hear any DTMF or audio from the XUT. If I swap back to the release 7 card, works perfectly.

I contacted the seller and they sent me a 2nd release 13 card. Same problem.

Am I missing something? Or do I truly have two faulty cards?

Thanks!

Well the commands would actually be DISC not DISL and the LED should come on the card, swap the card, the LED should flash 3 times indicating self test passed and then ENLC

There is also some jumper options on that card. Make sure they are the same as the original card

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant DISC/ENLC.

LD 32 > DISC 6
Wait for the LED to indicate OOS (solid red), pull card.
Insert Relese 13 card, LED goes RED, then flashes (though I haven't counted the number of flashes), then goes solid red.
LD 32 > ENLC 6
Relay clicks from the card, LED flashes for a bit then goes out. STAT 6 indicates the configured trunks are idle.

The jumpers are set as per the documentation for COT on every channel (J1.X off, J2.X off, J3.X 1-2), which matches how the jumpers are set on the release 7 card (with exception of J4 since it doesn't exist on the release 10+ cards).

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I try to convince the seller the 2nd card is faulty, too...heh.

One thing I will mention is the release 7 card ENLC's significantly faster than the release 13 cards. I don't know if this means anything or if it's just a difference in card design.

I doubt the card revision has anything to do with it. Can you just swap the lock tab from a new card to the old card.

They are riveted on, so while it's possible I'd need to be creative with how I re-attach it. Whether it be another rivet or a short bolt and nut. Though I'd love to see one of these cards work, heh. I am actually curious if there is an audio quality difference between the release 7 and release 13 cards, which was the excuse for buying it in the first place (the release 7 card stays firmly seated even with the upper latch missing).

With that said, would you agree that both Release 13 cards are faulty?

Without seeing it in person and troubleshooting it myself, yes, I think both the cards are bad. They were both in the same system and it got hit by lightning and smoked the cards. Call Callisto Communications and see if they can get you one shipped out.

I don't work for Callisto but they do our warehousing for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back