Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT4X37, 5312, 6x16 compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonnettm

MIS
Mar 5, 2002
US
Excuse my stupidity, just now having to learn this stuff, normally I am a Network Geek. I have a Nortel Meridan 6x16 but am short some phones for it. Will a NT4X37 otherwise known as a MERIDIAN M5312 work with it? I currently have some M208s and a single M7310. Any help will be appreciated.
BTW, what is Centrix?

I'm guessing you mean M2008 and if that and M7310 works, M5312 should too.

Icelady

If you have a 6X16, it's part of the Norstar platform and you can NOT use an M5312 (which is a CENTREX digital set). The sets you can use are M7100, M7208, M7310 and M7324. There are also some newer "T" series sets that can be used. By the way, CENTREX is a central office based system that gives you the functionality of a multi-line system without the onsite common equipment.

p.s. You might find more help in the Norstar forum.

Thank all of you for your help. I did realize I posted in the wrong area last night but was not sure how to pull it after someone had replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back