Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT4 x HSG80 - Disk Unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persevalli

Technical User
Nov 3, 2001
BR
Hi All,

We have some LUNS configured in diferent storages to diferent NT servers. In many cases , the unity given to the NT is not recognized by NT , Disk Administrator cannot see the units.

NT - Server Version 4 / SP6a
HSG80 - Firmware level 13
HBA: Emulex LP950 - Firmware 3.90

I´m downgrading the firmware to 3.82a1 , as soon as I have the result of the tests , will post at this message.

Somebody experinced a similar problem?

Thanks.

Did you all of a sudden lose access, or has it never worked?
/charles

Thanks for help.

Look , in one case , the volumes was working fine , and suddenly we lose them.

In other case , the assigned volumes never was seen by the NT...

It´s really strange...

I´m done the firmware upgrade , but still bad.

In one case , I can see the volumes again , but I have a lot of error messas when the failover occurs between the culster nodes.

Another important information:

It´s the first time that we use 2GB Emulex 950 HBA (FCA 2101) with 1 GB switches.

Thanks all.

You should be seeing something in your system log. Look for event ID 9, 11, and 50. There will be some hex data with those event IDs, the dump data. The dump data includes the error code, and for a 50 or 51, the CDB or command descriptor block. If you know how to read it, it'll tell you what's going on.

John
MOSMWNMTK

OKAY...

This issue was corrected using the tool "DILX" at the Storage CLI.
This utility erase an "8 MB EISA PARTITION" in the disk (come from factory with this partition because it´s for Proliant servers...).

Ok , now I can go home and get some sleep.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back