Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT4 to Win2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

chikn

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2001
US
Im planning on upgrading mt NT 4 PDC and NT 4 BDC/Exchange Server 5.5 to Win 2K? Anybody thats done this care to share their experience and any pitfalls involved before I blindly dive into this risking recreating a couple thousand accounts/shares.

I've upgraded an NT4 server, but not the scema your talking. However, run the test for compatability first. This will tell you what will and won't run. Make sure you've got a really good backup also, and make sure you can do a restore. I upgraded a W2K stand alone server to a DC in my domain, taking my time and boss got tired of waiting for me to check each setting and told me "Just hit finish!" I did and nobody on the network could access it anymore. Found out I would have to give them the admin password to get on. Point is, take your time and read every screen twice, then after the third time click "NEXT". Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
gjohn76351@msn.com
"Accident is the name of the greatest of all inventors."
Mark Twain (1835-1910), U.S. author.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back