Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT4 server - W2K Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We are using a w2k client that is trying to access an NT4 server, using a SonicWall VPN Client.

I'm using a normal dial-up facility that is connecting to an ISP before the client VPN connects to our firewall.

The VPN client is working fine as I can ping all servers behind the the firewall.

However when I try to connect using the servers netbios name it fails.

I have tried entering script in the lmhost file, but to no avail.

Any ideas?
Daren

check out my response under the "Connecting to vpn with win2k" thread... it will tell you that you need to open some ports on the router or firewall.. and it may provide some other details you need to successfully be allowed to browse the internet via your corporate vpn internet connection...let me know if this helps

Dave Wilkinson
Network Engineer
wilkdw94@yahoo.com

I had the same issue using Cisco's VPN with a PIX box. To fix it added a DWORD reg setting to the Interface card of MTU 1300. The problem I was having was that the packet was getting fragmentated using the default setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back