Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT4 SBS 5 min autodisconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2001
NZ
I have gone from dialup modem to dialup modem with satellite downstream connection for my RAS Proxy server.

The problem is my connection drops after 300 seconds EVERY time. Irrespective of whether I am in the middle of a download or not. There is no inbound traffic on
the modem as it all comes through a satellite card.

I have two logins, one forces modem-modem connection, the other forces modem - satellite connection. When I log in using M-M every thing runs fine. M-S and its 300 seconds and bust.

I have install NT W/S 4.0 SP6a and Wingate proxy srever in another HD on this PC. Every thing works perfectly. no matter the connection. Since I believe NT W/S and server use the same RAS the biggest difference is Wingate verse MS Proxy.

I have changed the timeout in User preferences and logon preferences to 0, 30000, lots of different entries, but still at 300 seconds the link goes down.

It would seem Proxy server cannot tolerate no inbound activity on the modem. All I need is to find the registry entry to increase the 300 seconds. I have altered the AutoDisconnectTimeout (working from memory here) and doubled it from 12 to 24. No effect.

Is there an entry I can change to keep this link up.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back