Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT4 Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAPIA

Technical User
Aug 10, 2002
US

Is there a way to set up NT4 Server as a router to work with a Cable or DSL Connection?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

There is a way to enable routing on an NT server, I'm trying to think back to what it is. You have to have two NICs and I believe on each NIC you have to go to the properties of TCP/IP and go to options. From there you want "Enable IP Forwarding". If it's not in the properties of TCP/IP, keep looking within the network applet. The option you want is "Enable IP Forwarding".

Hope that helps.

majestrate

First Thanks for your Help I found it under TCP/IP Properties than Routing. I just have one more question,

Under the routing tab it says The routing information may be static or may be collected by RIP for Internet Protocol {RIP}.

My question is if I install the {RIP} service will it also work with static as well?

Thanks in advance

Yes.

RIP will attempt to discover routes that it can't find, but will check static routes first. Cheers,
Sam

Please let members know if you found their posts helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back