Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT4 lpr print to Unix

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcoulter

MIS
Jan 5, 2001
US
When I lpr from NT4 (Server A) to a Unix system (running lpd), Server A errors "print server did not accept request. Job Aborted".
Server B (NT4) lpr to the same Unix system prints ok. The hosts and hosts.lpd file contain both Server A & Server B records.
I need to be able to lpr from either NT system to the Unix system. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

When you say hosts, do you mean on the Unix server? Did you try editing the hosts file on the NT machine to reflect the Unix server? James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Hi butchrecon,
thanks for responding.
I was referring to the hosts file on the Unix systems.
I compared the hosts files on the NT systems, and they are basically the same as each other (NT/NT). That is to say: the NT system that prints ok has a hosts file very similar to the one that doesn't print. The Unix system info is not in either of the NT system hosts file. I'm not sure why I would need a hosts entry if I'm lpr'ing to an ipaddress.

Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back