Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT4 Login scripts with Win2k workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffers

MIS
Jan 8, 2003
GB
I have just setup scripts on our NT4 server for the first time. I have a batch file with net use commands created and working fine on the NT machines. I have copied the batch file locally on the Pcs to the system32\repl\import\scripts folder. On the Win2k pcs is there a similar folder to copy the batch file to?

I imagine that I probably don't need to copy the batch file locally but User manager won't except my path names if I store it on a shared network source.

Any help would save a lot of unnecessary messing around on my part.

No need to copy the logon.bat to local workstations.
Just put logon.bat in the users profiles under 'logon script'.

Ok probably another incredibly simple question. Everyone on our domain has their own folder on the network. I have set the paths up for each users home directory in user manager but they only work on the win2k machines.

The network drive is \\EXELPDC\SYS
But for some reason the NT machines ignore the \\EXELPDC\SYS\"HOME DIRECTORY NAME" path in connect to, and just map to the root directory \\EXELPDC\SYS

Any ideas? What would I do without this site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back