Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT workstation logon to Win2k server denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperone

Technical User
Nov 30, 2002
CA
I recently dissabled the maximum password age option in our Win2000 server. Now when any of our Win NT workstations try to logon I recive the following message:

"The system cannot log you on to this domain because the system's computer account in it's primary domain is missing or the password on that account is incorrect."

I have tried to change the password on the server for the user and no luck.I also re-enabled the maximum password age option on the server. Only one server is on the network and all other XP, Win98 & Win2000 workstations have no problems. I have tried to delete the NT computers from the AD Users & Computers but the problem was not fixed. DNS resolution is set to use dns for windows resolution. A trust relationship problem between the NT workstations & the Windows 2000 Server exists but how to correct? Will editing the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\RPC\Security
Service fix this. I was going to change Value Name: 68, Data Type: REG_SZ & Data Value: netlogon.dll I would then delete the NT computer from the servers AD Users & Computers, login the NT machine local & add it to the domain??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back