Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT USER PROFILE PROBLEMS AFTER USING CITRIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgriot

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2002
US
We have a Windows NT Domain with most workstations running Workstation 4.0. Our Citrix XPa is running on Windows 2000 server SP3 which is a member server. After users use the Citrix server for the first time when they open Outlook they
are prompted to enter the Windows password. Their Domain password is not accepted. (If they hit cancel three times they can use Outlook.) The password dialog box may appear again. I noticed that after users use Citrix for the first time a folder titled WINDOWS is placed in their roaming profile. This situation only occurs after using Citrix. NT users who haven't yet used Citrix do not have this experience. Also our Windows 2000 Pro workstations never had the same problem.

I'm not a big fan of roaming profiles.
Might I suggest using the Terminal Server Profile over the NT Roaming profile. This will also speed up log in time, as you can have the profiles stored locally on your MetaFrame server.

I have experienced numerous problems with profiles created on windows nt being used on win 2k and visa versa. Specifically outlook/mapi and odbc things going awry. I agree with chrism0n terminal server profiles are far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back