Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT Trust fails - Could not find domain Controller for this domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doswelk

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2001
GB
I am having the very same problem as listed a little further down the list.

Domain A needs to trust domain B.

I have created a LMHOSTS file on PDCA and I have imported the LMHOSTS file into the WINS server that the PDC looks at.

If I type net view /domain:DomainB it lists all the servers on that domain. If I tracert route or ping the PDC on Domain B all is sucessful.

(Very ocassionally I get "System error 53 has occurred" when typing the New view command, but as soon I repeat the Net View it works.

The IT company that supports Domain B have completed the configuration at their end and have created a password for the trust to use.

When I go into User Manager and open the Trust Relationships and try to add the trust I get the error message "Could not find domain controller for this domain"

But if I type the wrong password I get "The password is incorrect"

It has me stumped does anyone have any ideas?

Is there a record in your LMHOSTS / Wins database that point to the domain controller that can not be found

Nope, I cannot find an incorrect entry....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back