Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT to 2000 vpn connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseus

MIS
Sep 13, 2001
US
I would like to set up a VPN connection between a Windows NT domain to a Windows 2000 domain with the goal of making the 2000 server visible to the NT domain users. Can anyone point me to a good resource for getting this setup? I think I understand the Windows 2000 setup, as it is mostly wizard based, but I am not sure I totally understand the NT side of the problem. Of course our Cisco tech wants to do the connection between the firewalls of the two networks, but I wanted to try this first to test the speed of the solution without spending any money on software upgrades for the routers.

Thanks in advance,
Perseus

P.S. One other quick question, some of the other techs said we will be much less secure using NT instead of the firewalls due to NT's lack of support of IPSec. Is PPTP that much less secure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back