Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nt server 4 raid problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATBCSLTD

Technical User
Feb 9, 2002
GB
Hello.

I have an NT4 SP6a server runnig 4x 18gb SCSI drives of an adaptec aaa-13x2u controller Card in a array.

I recently had a drive fail and had to replace the drive with a new drive. this has gone OK and the new drive has taken its place in the array.

Now. every now and then the server will freeze and the adaptec warning beeps will sound and we have to reboot. there are no indication in the event logs why this is happening.
does this sound liek the raid controller id failing?

Thanks

GH

I think it is kind of a coincidence that this would happen like this. I am leaning towards the new HD being bad or maybe loosely connected.

James
MCP, MCSE

OK Thanks.

To prove or dis-prove this am i right in thinking i could remove the drive and run the server without to see how it performs.

GH

You could, but I do not recommend it. If you have another drive (spare), I would throw that one in for testing. If it is your card and you remove the drive and a problem occurs that would damage another drive, you will loss the RAID set.

James
MCP, MCSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back