Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicknnhead

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2002
US
I have checked and triple check the permissions on the network, i have a guest user(visitor) that I would like to only be able to see certain pages of my web site, on the NT side of things everything is locked down tight, when I go from outside my domain to my website it asks for the username and password, which I gladly put it, it lets me to the page that visitor is allowed to see, BUT then when I click on a link to a page that is not supposes to let me in, a link that is only for domain admins, it lets me in, not sure what's going on but need some help
thanks

You may be already authenticated, if you used the same user account that allows you to enter your site and has permission to the restricted area. (an account with the folder rights), you may not be asked for a username and password, if I understood your question right. If this is not the case, may need to check what users belong to what groups and check the folder permissions, which sounds like you have already done. Also could check IIS authentication areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back