Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT logon across domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2000
GB
Hi there!
I am using SI 7.5 and would like to give access to the Info desktop to people from two domains A and B (we currently use only one). NT unified logon is to be used.
My initial thoughts were to create a local Seagate group on the PDC on domain A, and then add global groups from both domains to the local group. Within the global groups are the specified users.
I changed the NT settings in Info Admin to point to the newly created local group. When I looked at the users tab I saw only the two global groups listed, instead of all the users names. This allows me to only apply rights to the group as a whole, and not the individuals which is not satifactory.
Any ideas?

Set up a local group on the APS. If you set up a global group on a PDC as you mentioned this will allow only users from that domain to access Info. The local group on APS will allow users from both domains. Add the users one at a time as you cannot add the users by importing the group into a group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back