Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT Licencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

yannick

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2001
US
Hi,

We have bought an NT Server 4.0 CD with 5 licences. I would like to know if I want to upgrade to NT 2000 Server with 25 users, do I need to buy an upgrade for NT 2000 Server (with 5 users) and buy the others 20 licences, or can I buy directly an upgrade of NT 2000 Server with 25 licences.

Thanks,

I believe your first scenerio is correct.....upgrade to Win 2000 5 CALS, and purchase the additional 20 CALS.

dReW

I agree, I think you buy server with 5, then buy the extra 20. Shop around, Microsoft doesn't always give the cheapest price on CAL's.

I recommend calling John Davis at or write him at john@thecornerstore.com. I've never found anyone who seems to know as much about licensing as he does. He saved my company over $10k on licensing for a single SQL2000 clustered installation. I don't work for thecornerstore.com or have any sort of relationship beyond that of an impressed former customer. John is incredible, by-the-books, and thorough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back