Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT Hid My Fonts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dollie

MIS
May 2, 2000
US
I'm trying desperately to install new fonts on NT 4.0 Workstation, and I can't find them! I do the standard procedure to install fonts, but when the window opens, it displays all of the directory structure minus the fonts directory. The directory is visible everywhere BUT when trying to install fonts!

Has anyone run into this before and know what to do other than beating the keyboard?

Thanks!
Dollie

Are you installing fonts in Control Panel / Fonts or are you trying to drag them over to the fonts folder using Windows Explorer?

DougP, MCP
dposton@universal1.com

Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

I've tried installing them from the Control Panel/Fonts and from Windows Explorer (open fonts directory, select File then Install Fonts). I haven't tried dragging them over though. Will that work?
Approaching the glass ceiling with a sledge hammer....

In NT 4.0 open control panel, fonts, file, install new fonts...highlight the new fonts you want to load from the list of fonts: (assuming your new fonts are listed)or click on select all then OK. There should be a statement at the bottom of window that is checked for "Copy fonts to Fonts folder". You only need to select a folder if you want to store them in other than the fonts folder.

>...highlight the new fonts you want to load from the list of fonts: (assuming your new fonts are listed)

My problem is that not only are the fonts not listed, the entire folder isn't listed! We have a directory of fonts on our server. I tried installing them directly from the server (done before on other NT workstations with no problem), I've tried copying them onto my hard drive then installing them, and I've tried renaming the directory from "Fonts" to something else. If I can't view the directory, I don't know what else to do!

Befuddled....
Dollie

Approaching the glass ceiling with a sledge hammer....

Hi Dollie.
U could check the local admin rights for that particular user or the system policy in place ??

Should be as follows
(this is just for documentation sake - i'm sure eveyone know this already.)

Click Fonts ICON in Cntrl Panel
Click Install Fonts
Select Either Local/Mapped Drive Letter
eg. E:\EXPORT FONTS
(Make sure Copy FONTS to Fonts FOLDER is Ticked)
NT now should start to load the Fonts in the List of Fonts Window.
Select the fonts the OK! ;-)

What is Documentation??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back