Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT Cluster and Permission Denied error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelw70

Technical User
Feb 5, 2003
US
The virtual node of my NT Cluster is failing with a permission denied. I have several other clusters that are setup the exact same way, and they work fine.

Usually I think permission denied equals servers file issue, but a virtual node doesnt get a servers file. The two physical nodes of the cluster backup perfectly, but the virtual node gets the:
"cannot request command execution" "permission denied" error.

Any ideas?

Have you tried add the user system@[fqdn of physical nodes] into the remote access of the virtual node clients? This solved a similar problem for me when backing up virtual servers on an NT4 cluster.

C.

Try starting the NetWorker services using the domain administrator account and password. You need to restart NetWorker after making the change.

It would help if you provided exactly where the error message is occuring.

Below is the result of the probe. I guess this will answer the "where" question.

wilolbsqlg:D:\mssql\backup level=incr
wilolbsqlg:E:\ level=incr
01/06/04 13:19:24 savegrp: Run up to 64 clients in parallel
01/06/04 13:19:24 savegrp: wilolbsqlg:probe started
savefs -s wil-leg-gig1 -c wilolbsqlg -g Test -p -l full -R -v -F D:\mssql\backup E:01/06/04 13:19:38 savegrp: command 'savefs -s wil-leg-gig1 -c wilolbsqlg -g Test -p -l full -R -v -F D:\mssql\backup E:\ ' for clien
t wilolbsqlg exited with return code 9.
01/06/04 13:19:38 savegrp: wilolbsqlg:probe succeeded.
* wilolbsqlg:D:\mssql\backup rcmd wilolbsqlg, user root: `savefs -s wil-leg-gig1 -c wilolbsqlg -g Test -p -l full -R -v -F "D:\\mssq
l\\backup" "E:\\"'
* wilolbsqlg:D:\mssql\backup Host wil-leg-main-pub cannot request command execution
* wilolbsqlg:D:\mssql\backup 01/06/04 13:19:38 nsrexec: Host wil-leg-main-pub cannot request command execution
* wilolbsqlg:D:\mssql\backup Permission denied
--- Probe Summary ---

wilolbsqlg:D:\mssql\backup level=full, dn=-1, mx=0, vers=unknown, p=1
wilolbsqlg:D:\mssql\backup level=full, pool=Default, save as of Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 GMT-0500 1969
wilolbsqlg:E:\ level=full, dn=-1, mx=0, vers=unknown, p=1
wilolbsqlg:E:\ level=full, pool=Default, save as of Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 GMT-0500 1969
wilolbsqlg:index level=9, dn=-1, mx=0, vers=unknown, p=1
wilolbsqlg:index level=9, pool=Default, save as of Mon Jan 5 23:30:46 GMT-0500 2004

On each physical nodes, is the nsr\res\servers file populated with the name of the backup server (wil-leg-main-pub)?

If not, then update the file and restart NetWorker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back