Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT client unable to connect to server

Status
Not open for further replies.

demola

MIS
Aug 1, 2001
US
I have a solaris server running Networker 6.0.1 and I recently added one NT Client to the server.

The server backs up the NT Client successfuly but while trying to run networker user from the client I discover that the client keeps trying unsucessfuly to connect to the networker server.

The server is defined in the servers file of the client and also specified with the -s option in the target of the client's Networker User Icon.

Does anyone have a solution?

Since you have backed up the client ok I'm assuming the network connectivity is ok..

Check and make sure that you have the fully qualified name of the NT server in the client setup on the server. In the client config on the server make sure that the alias has the server name and the server's domain qualified name..

Stephen

From DOS, try "winworkr.exe -s servername" (without the quotes). I was having the same problem with some of my exchange boxes, and after trying that 1 time, it was able to connect just fine. I'm running 6.1.2, so I don't know if your Networker User .exe file is exactly the same. If not, jut type in the Networker User GUI executable in dos followed by the -s and servername. Hope this helps.

Upgrade to 6.1.2 if possible, 6.01 had bugs, however your problem can be resolved by specifing server via -s switch in Networker user on the server, as reply #2 to your post is right on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back