Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT authentication or sql authentication?connection error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hu68

Technical User
Feb 19, 2002
CA
Hi, there
Recently ,I have a problem about using ASP to contact SQL server(2000).
my SQL server use NT authentication,but I can not connect it through ASP,the error message saying"login fail for user /Iuser...." I use DSN "weborder" .in my asp page,code is like:
conn.open "DSN=weborder;uid=XX;pwd=XXX"
but the server didn't reconize this user through browser.
Does it relate with NT authentication?
I'm trying to change my SQL server to use combined Authentication.but when I edit SQL regisitation ,a window pop up ask me to type in username & id,then a message show up saying" it not associated with trustesd connection",How can i make a trusted connection and mke it accessilbe to ASP? Thanks for any hints! thanks in advance.

When using NT Authentication, the UID and PWD are not required. The application should use a trusted connection. You'll need to make sure the userid used by the web server (Iuser...) is granted access and appropriate permissions in SQL Server.

Often, web pages use SQL Authentication rather than NT authentication because each web application needs it own set of SQL Server permissions. Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back