Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT 4 system restore using arcserve 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAZ786

Technical User
Jul 28, 2004
Has anybody tried this and does it work. ?

Does it work ? Do I need to recover the registry session or de-select it (let sys32\config take care of it.

Do both options work. If I wanted to overwrite an exisitng c: system, would the option given in the article work i.e reg change\active files etc...

HI,,

I have seen this work....

Cheers
Speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

If you are restoring over the live OS then select the Restore Registry option. This will use an OS API to replace the live registry on restart.

If this is a parallel install then do not select the Restore Registry option since it will be restored as regular files.

I have a NT server that I am trying to restore. One of our techs installed the OS in the WINNT directory which is where the restore is trying to go. When I do a restore with the registry option checked, I still get a lot of .dll files that give me a sharing violation.

What I want is for the server to be fully restored (including any applications that were on it) and functional.

Do I need to install NT into a alternate directory then do a restore?

Any help would be appreciated. And if any one knows if the applications will be working after a successful restore please let me know

DMW

Thanks for the link. I saw that in the above post and it worked like a charm.

After reinstalling NT into an alternate directory, the restore was painless. Everything came back up and the server is working as good as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back