Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT 4: Peachtree 2004 Crashes upon opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

utoyo

Technical User
Mar 5, 2005
US
Using NT 4 workstation machine and have peachtree 2004 installed. When I try to open up peachtree it immediately crashes. The crash info: peachw.exe Exception: access violation (0xc000005), Address: 0x0045b84b.

After trying to open peachtree, the file peachtree\company\status.dat is locked and can't be accessed.

I've tried reinstalling and reparing but that doesn't fix the problem. (I can't start peachtree if I remove the status.dat file).

(This machine needs to have windows NT on it because of a custom software we use, so upgrading the operating system is not an option.)

Thank you in advance.

Has Peachtree ben running on NT or was this just installed there?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Peachtree was used on this machine for well over a year.

Does peachtree return a error message? It may relate to the Pervasive Btrieve database engine. Once you find out the problem then it might be resolved.

If you download BtSearch32 at you can try and open the file and see if you get any errors.

Gil

I'm able to run BTsearch32 but when I open it up it wants DDF files. I have no idea what DDF files are or where peachtree keeps them.

When I try to run BTsearch2000 for PSQL, I get the following error: "File not found - The Btrieve Drivers may not have been found. Make sure the files that being with WBT*.DLL including wbtrcall.dll are in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory. If not then copy the files to your windows\system directory or set a path to the directory where they are located. You must have thiese files available to run BtSearch. Included is version 5.10 of wbtrcall.dll. It is named wbtrcall.511. Rename this file to wbtrcall.dll and place in your Windows\System directory. Then in your win.ini file place the following: [Btrieve] On the next line place: options /m:64 /p:4096 /f:75 /l:150. As long as your files are in 5.x format this DLL will work however I still suggest that you upgrade to version 6.15."

I looked and found the file C:\winnt\system32\wbtrcall.dll and the version is 6.15.440, build 01. I also added the options to the win.ini (do I have to reboot for those to take effect?).

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back