Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT 4.0 + Viper V550 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roptik

MIS
Jun 19, 1999
US
I am running a dual PII with NT 4.0 and SP5 and a Diamond Viper V550. I have tried both the Nvidia and Diamond video drivers and i have a probelm with lines and pixels filling the screen slowly until the memory is full and the serve server is frozen and needs a re-boot. The mother board is a Tyan S1832DL with the latest Bios (1.18, I think). Pleas help<br>
<br>
Thank you

We have seen compatability issues with diamond and NT 4.0. There probably is a solution somewhere,<br>
but, assuming this machine is a Server, why not just substitute a 'generic' video card and save some<br>
aggravation. The server will not see any benefits from an accellerated video card.<br>

I agree. I would use the video card that came with the server or a generic one. Try downgrading to SP4 and see if you still have problems <p>Joe<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Exactly, I have a 4Mb S3 and I really don't see any need for anything else - I only use the server for monitoring the network. Its cheaper as well.. ha ha.<br>
Yeah, try going backwards with SPacks maybe..???<br>
And good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back