Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nt 4.0 ras, which and how to install services on server and client

Status
Not open for further replies.

lele1

Technical User
Jan 24, 2000
IT
I have a NT Server, some win 98 client, and some nt workstation on laptop. I would like to let laptopo browse the net by ras. How can I do?<br>

Thanks

I don't know about the Win 98 side, but if you can have your NT laptops dial into your NT server via RAS, it's pretty easy. Set up the server with RAS, Control Panel&gt;Network&gt;Services&gt;Add Remote Access Service. Configure RAS to either use the DHCP service to configure the client or to assign a static pool of addresses. Or just set a predetermined address that both the client and server will be expecting(these are all options in the setup.) Now, add RAS to the client in the same method except where on the server you set RAS to receive calls only, you set up the client to dial out only. Configure the dial up settings to call your server, log on using dial up networking and you should be up and running. I've oversimplified this but some of the people on here are sure to point you to some great links that will explain this in much more detail. The point is, it's not very hard.<br>
<br>
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back