Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT 4.0 Domain Migration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kydreom

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2000
GB
We have trust relationships established within our domain infrastructure. I am trying to move an NT 4.0 member server from one domain into another. This server used to be a member of the domain into which I am trying to move it.When I try to join the domain now it will not let me. The message states that there is already an account with the same name set up in the primary domain. I have checked in Server Manager and there is no such account, it also no longer appears in the browse list. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Have you tried renaming the server and then adding it to the Domain - could be a SID problem.

Thanks for that. We have considered it but have drive mappings, odbc connections associated and therefore only wish to do this as a last resort.

Have you tried rebooting your PDC? It might be just what your network needs to remove the member server from its memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back